A Good Wife Meaning
The article said things like be sure you keep a tidy house so your hubby's home can be his castle. It also said, don't be negative and complain so much. It also went on to say makes sure your appearance is nice and that the children are neat. Make sure dinner is ready, make him feel comfy, listen, comply, etc. and so on. And when I really thought about it, women are still doing the same sh*t today. Yeah we have careers and nanny's and drive our own cars and buy our own homes. But the regular day to day stuff on how you suppose to treat your man, from what I read - that sh*t has NOT changed. Now some folks may say "Ohhh I don't do that" but they do. Why? Because in alot of "woman" centered magazines what are they always telling women? Keep in shape, be sexy, don't be negative, keep your hair done, nails done, be polite, etc etc. And I've heard plenty other woman say the same types of things. Even get on other women who they may feel "don't keep themselves up and have a dirty house." With the idea that "ain't no MAN gonna want a woman like THAT." Suggesting the only reason to look good, smell good, cook, clean is so you can attract a man and keep one.
I guess for all our women liberation and what not, we still catering to men?
Enjoy! - Lady A
This is the article (open picture in new window to magnify and read)
Labels: musings
4 Comments:
At 4:31 PM, February 04, 2008,
Carmell said…
well shit i flunked!
At 6:36 PM, February 05, 2008,
monicac2 said…
LOL!
But you're right - the more things change, the more they stay the same!
At 4:25 PM, February 06, 2008,
G. Cornelius said…
No comment...LOL
I'll keep you posted
At 4:02 PM, February 11, 2008,
*Tanyetta* said…
i love that list. my favorite part was--a good wife knows her place.
Post a Comment
<< Home